State of Quantum Computing™—Superconducting Quantum Computing is Well Poised to Win the QC Technology War
2020 marks the launch of a decade of explosive growth for the enterprise quantum computing market—projected to be driven by services and innovations across modalities.
Select highlights from the State of Quantum Computing™ Report
- The most innovative quantum computing enterprise leaders: Alibaba and IBM.
- Superconducting quantum computing (SQC) seized the largest share—nearly one-third of the enterprise quantum computing market. This quantum computing (QC) technology is expected to dominate QC revenue contributions for the next five years.
- The global enterprise quantum computing market is projected to experience explosive growth and reach $9.1B in annual revenue by 2030 (vs. $260M in 2020).
- Revenue from services is projected to be the primary growth driver for the enterprise quantum computing market. It is expected to experience a meteoric rise and attain an estimated value of $6.6B in 2030 (vs. $224M in 2020).
- North America ($2.7B), Europe ($2.6B), and the Asia Pacific ($2.2B) region are the anticipated 2030 revenue leaders of the global enterprise quantum computing market.
- Agriculture ($1.1B), Life Sciences ($1.0B) and Aerospace ($988M) are expected to lead the next decade of revenue growth for the global enterprise quantum computing market.
- Some additional future growth drivers include: quantum-enabled payment platforms, QCaaS (quantum computing as a service), quantum machine learning (QML), and quantum cryptography.
Disclaimer: This abbreviated report is just your proper teaser. More information will be available here: stateofquantumcomputing.com.